文档介绍:
高中英语第2辑日常用语
E-mail Scam 电邮欺诈
A: I got an urgent email from Tom! He says he is in London and got robbed and needs us to wire him some money for his hotel.
我收到汤姆发来的紧急邮件!他说他在伦敦被抢了,需要我给他所在的宾馆汇一些钱。
B: What? That sounds really dodgy tone.
什么?听起来就不真实。
A: No way, Tom is an honest person, he wouldn’t lie.
不可能,汤姆是个诚实的人,他不会说谎的。
B: No. I mean, it seems like someone may have hacked his email account and sent that out. I mean think about it, why would he email you instead of calling you.
不是,我是说,这可能是有人窃取了他的邮箱账号,然后假借他写的。我想如果是真的,他为什么不直接打电话给你,而是发电子邮件给你呢?
A: Do you really think someone is trying to scam people into sending money?
你真的觉得这是有人想要骗钱吗?
B: For sure! There are so many con artists out there, you never really know.
当然!外面有那么多的行骗高手,你不知道的多着呢。
※ dodgy 善于骗人的
eg: He’s a dodgy bloke, I wouldn’t trust him an inch. 他是个诡计多端的家伙,我一点都不相信他。
※ no way 一点也不,绝不
eg: Life, he declared frequently, was "no way to treat an animal". 时常挂在他嘴边的一句话是"绝无法视生命如走兽"。
※ scam 骗局
eg: The goal of the scam is to trick people into sending money to the fraudulent charity. 该骗局的目的是欺骗捐钱给慈善机构的人的欺诈。
※ con artist 行骗高手
eg: Bob makes his living as a con artist. 鲍勃是个行骗高手,并以行骗为生。
老外们的
老外们喜欢幽默,日常生活中许多英语幽默来自于对语言的巧妙运用,尤其是对双关语的运用。老外们的幽默感通过双关语得到了淋漓尽致的发挥。我们也可以好好学学,让自己变得幽默吧。
1. 句法结构双关
例:—Do you ever draw pictures in the nude?
—No, I usually wear a jacket.
对话中,提问的人是想问"你有没有画过***画?",而回答的人却理解为"你曾经光着身子画过画吗?"这则幽默中双关产生的原因是对in t
内容来自淘豆网转载请标明出处.